Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Random catch up stuff

I hope that everyone had a great Memorial Day! We had a fun and relaxing day. My mom took Addyson and Ethan Sunday night and spent the day with them on Monday, so Dave and I got some much needed time together. We watched the movie Becoming Jane- which was quite sad and a little disturbing, however I think I liked it. Then we woke up on Monday and headed to our wards annual pancake breakfast which also included a 5k run. Dave and I decided (well, mostly I decided for us) that we were gonna run it. We pushed Paige in the jogger stroller and we did it- Yea! We were able to get a few things done and some relaxing as well. The kids came home around 5pm and we picked up some pizzas and headed to our community pool where the kids had a blast swimming! I am excited for another summer full of swimming and enjoying the fabulous sunshine.
Paige loved the water, I can already tell that she is going to be a lot like Ethan in the water- fearless
Addyson is turning into a pretty great swimmer!

Addyson was gone Friday and Saturday with her cousins so Ethan got some one on one time with Dad and what did he want to do? He wanted Dave to play in the sprinkler with him and the slip and slide. He got this slip and slide last year for his Birthday but he had a hard time figuring out how to slide on it without injuring himself. He figured it out and now he loves it- in fact he is standing right next to me right now looking at this picture with swim trunks in hand asking if he can play on the slip n slide.

Addyson finished up her soccer season last weekend. She had a great season and even scored a goal her last game. She started out the season pretty timid but towards the end she got a lot more sure of herself and realized what she was capable of. Her team won all but 2 games I think- way to go Divas!

A pic from Chuck E Cheese on Ethan's Birthday

Dave pulling a Britney Spears while we were at a stand still in traffic for 30 minutes- I know random but I like the picture.
Have a great week!






4 comments:

mamapickle said...

love those pool pics. Both girls look like thier just posing for the camera and oh so happy about it.

Sarah said...

those are some cute pics! looks like your kiddos have a blast playing in the water. cute!

Jennifer said...

Fun stuff! We also have that baby floaty thing. A different pattern, but same floaty. We love it!

-Melissa- said...

cute pool pics. We love going to the pool. I think we were there almost everyday last week.