Thursday, February 12, 2009

My baby is getting big!

Paige has officially graduated into a big girl bed. Over the weekend she started climbing out of her bed and sneaking into Addy and Ethan's rooms. The kids thought it was hilarious which only encouraged her to do it over and over and over! I have to admit, it was pretty funny at first because she was so cute and so mischievious trying to hide from us. Then when she would sneak out when she thought we were downstairs only to come face to face with us- the look of fear on her face was priceless. We were not ready to loose the crib, then when she climbed out and landed on her face giving herself a bloody nose we did not have much of a choice. So, we took the railing off of the crib and ta-dah she has a toddler bed. Needless to say bedtimes and naptimes are not much fun but hopefully this new sense of freedom will wear off and it will once again be a breeze to get to sleep.


8 comments:

hoLLy said...

aw man! that is early to be climbing out of cribs already! i'm not surprised with your little one-she is a strong girl! :) my kids are wimpy-hehe.

Tom and Audrie said...

Kaden is almost 3 and we can't talk him into sleeping in a big boy bed. All 3 of my others were out of the crib before they were
2. I think he wants to stay the baby forever.

Elizabeth said...

That for sure will make her seem so much bigger. I just put a pillow in Cameron's crib and think that alone makes him look older. I am not sure I am ready for the toddler bed! He is a climber too so I fear that it isn't far off. I hope she catches onto staying in bed quickly. Naps are just too vital to lose!

-Melissa- said...

I can't believe she is already trying to get out of her crib. It seems like she is still so little. But now that I think of it we put Jace in a big boy bed around that same time.

mamapickle said...

I got lucky with Paisley, she still hasn't tried that. All the rest did it early. she looks so big in there with a pillow and all.

Wendy said...

Sorry about losing the crib so soon! But I really can empathize, though I guess it was our own dang fault for needing the crib before Trevy turned 2!

Love "the look of fear". Ah, the emotions a parent can instill...

Breezy said...

Wow she is young. We just had to buy a new crib for the new addition because Greyson (2 1/2) won't give up his crib. Although I'm not complaining. I just realized that your daughters have two of the many names we've been trying to decide on - funny -.

Jennifer said...

I'm just waiting for Benny to climb out. At least you have a crib ready for #4 now.