When I told Ethan that he wasn't going to have a brother he buried his face in my friends couch and cried, then he hit me- like it was my fault. That is your daddy's fault boy!! I am of course happy with anything but it would have been nice to have another little boy. I just always thought that I would have a bunch of boys, I grew up with 3 brothers and I always had mostly guy friends when I was growing up. Now I have to worry about 3 teenage girls with extra emotions and hormones- yay:) The part that I am having the hardest time with is naming her. Seriously, Lee is the worst last name for having a girl, for so many reasons. I can't pick a name that ends in an e sound or one with l's or a single syllable name- when it comes to girl names, or ones that I like that leaves ummmm.... nothing! I had the hardest time naming Paige and it still doesn't sound as great as I would like it to. I not complaining though, we are of course happy that there are no abnormalities she is healthy and very active. If any of my peeps out there have heard of a great name that actually sounds good with Lee, help me please!!!!
Thursday, April 2, 2009
My baby is no longer an it!
Because patience is not one of my strong points I began trying to find out what this baby was as soon as I knew those little genitalia were forming. I am lucky to have access to an ultrasound machine at my work. So, when the ER gets slow I just mosey my way into the trauma room and play around with the ultrasound machine and check out my little growing fetus. One night I took an excessively long break because I was on a mission and even though I never got the money shot I was pretty sure it was a girl because after 45 minutes of looking I never saw any boy parts. So, I was still holding out hope for a boy but I was prepared for them to tell me it was going to be another girl. I had my ultrasound yesterday and as she went from head down to check for any abnormalities I was anxious to know so I just said "okay, so is it a girl"? And what was it..................................................................................................................................
When I told Ethan that he wasn't going to have a brother he buried his face in my friends couch and cried, then he hit me- like it was my fault. That is your daddy's fault boy!! I am of course happy with anything but it would have been nice to have another little boy. I just always thought that I would have a bunch of boys, I grew up with 3 brothers and I always had mostly guy friends when I was growing up. Now I have to worry about 3 teenage girls with extra emotions and hormones- yay:) The part that I am having the hardest time with is naming her. Seriously, Lee is the worst last name for having a girl, for so many reasons. I can't pick a name that ends in an e sound or one with l's or a single syllable name- when it comes to girl names, or ones that I like that leaves ummmm.... nothing! I had the hardest time naming Paige and it still doesn't sound as great as I would like it to. I not complaining though, we are of course happy that there are no abnormalities she is healthy and very active. If any of my peeps out there have heard of a great name that actually sounds good with Lee, help me please!!!!
When I told Ethan that he wasn't going to have a brother he buried his face in my friends couch and cried, then he hit me- like it was my fault. That is your daddy's fault boy!! I am of course happy with anything but it would have been nice to have another little boy. I just always thought that I would have a bunch of boys, I grew up with 3 brothers and I always had mostly guy friends when I was growing up. Now I have to worry about 3 teenage girls with extra emotions and hormones- yay:) The part that I am having the hardest time with is naming her. Seriously, Lee is the worst last name for having a girl, for so many reasons. I can't pick a name that ends in an e sound or one with l's or a single syllable name- when it comes to girl names, or ones that I like that leaves ummmm.... nothing! I had the hardest time naming Paige and it still doesn't sound as great as I would like it to. I not complaining though, we are of course happy that there are no abnormalities she is healthy and very active. If any of my peeps out there have heard of a great name that actually sounds good with Lee, help me please!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
Congrats! I always thought I would have all girls. Oh well. Brady was going to be Julia if he had been a she. There are so many girl names that I love, boy names were hard for us.
I think Elizabeth Lee sounds great! :) Congrats on the girl. Ethan will do a great job of protecting all his sisters.
Congratulations! I'm excited for you guys. As for naming? ? ? my baby is due any day and I still don't have a name so I'm not much help.
Elizabeth, I actually love the name Elizabeth, that is why we gave it to Addyson as her middle name. Dave and I both wish we would have saved that one for another girls 1st name.
Congrats! That is so exciting. Paige will love having a little sister so close to her :) And you could totally use Elizabeth if you love it. I have a brother with the middle name John and one with John for his first name. We don't even think about it or notice. A few more names that would work are Evelyn, Tessa, or Savannah. Not that I ever have a name by the time the baby even comes :) Good luck!
Yay! Congrats!
Ohhh.. I like Tessa A LOT. Patrick wouldn't let me use it. I think Tessa Lee is cute! I also like Daphne... but that ends in the "e" sound you don't want.
congrats, congrats!! so exciting! okay now I am on a mission for a name for you??? well you could do Jordan (ha ha) then we would have the same girl names!!! I love Taylor, Remington (call her Remi), okay....let me think awhile on it!
yo - comment on my blog, take it off, and dont even say hi - I see how you are. Are you on Facebook?
Post a Comment