Thursday, June 11, 2009

Baptisms, Baby, and Being Busy!

I have 3 older brothers and all 4 of us got married within a year & 1/2 of each other(which probably cost my parents a fortune), and we had our first child in the same year 2001. So, this year is a big year for all of us, as our first child is being baptized. My nephew Jacob, who lives in Arlington, TX was the first. He was baptized on May 2nd and it was a special day and really great for Addyson to watch her cousin take an important step in making covenants with his Father in heaven. She was excited to participate in the program and sing with her cousins from Tennessee, it was a great weekend. We are so proud of you Jacob.

The next to be baptized was my niece Kendyl. We took a road trip to Nashville,Tennesse, which was our first road trip in a while since we were used to flying everywhere while Dave worked for American. It was a little rough getting out there but we made it and it was well worth the 10 hour drive.
Kendyl was baptized on May 30th. Congrats Kendyl and we are so proud of you too!
Addyson is a little bummed that she doesn't get to be one of the first but I am glad that it is something that she can be excited about and prepare for as much as possible. I can't believe she is turning 8 this year.

We love visiting Tennessee! It is always so much fun seeing my brother Ken and his wife Carrie and their 4 girls. Our kids get a long so well that is always makes for a really relaxing time because the kids just disappear and couldn't be happier. We also love it because it is so pretty out there. One of the kids favorite things to do is walking down to the creek by their house and catching tadpoles, minnows, and crayfish. I love that my kids enjoy the outdoors so much, I know I always did and still do.
My kids really are so lucky to have so many cousins their age and so close in proximity. When I was a kid I only saw my cousins once a year so we weren't close, especially as we got older but my brothers and I are all so close and supportive of one another that I know that the kids will be great friends forever.
On our way out to Tennessee I saw this butterfly or moth, Addyson educated me on the difference, near our hotel room in Arkansas. I have never seen one so huge, I had to take a picture.
This is Addyson's hand next to it.


So, since it has been a while since I have made a blog post I thought that I would journal about the progress of baby Lee and the everyday happeninings here at the Lee household.
Um, I am definitely done having children! I don't really remember feeling this way in any of my past pregnancies, the last month I always feel pretty miserable but this whole pregnancy has been hard for me. I have been an emotional wreck, eating like a cow, soooo tired, and I am already feeling the aches and pains a lot more than I remember when I am only 29 weeks. I have tried to scale back my schedule as much as I can to help me cope but I have an incredible amount of anxiety and I am sooooo in nesting mode! I stopped teaching my classes at the gyms, even though I could really use the exercise. I have been picking up some extra shifts at the hospital when I can because I am switching around rooms, redecorating, buying extra furniture, and trying to organize organize organize in time for the baby so I have to make some extra money to pay for it all. I put Addyson and Paige in a room together and I painted their room last week and I pretty much decided that Dave will be painting the baby's room because I was so sore the next day that I could harldy walk, ugh what the heck! I love how the girls room turned out, once all of my projects are completed I will post pics.
Dave has been really busy as well. He has picked up several new clients so he spends a lot of time in the evenings doing bookkeeping. Seminary is over, so he has a little extra time to devote to other things. He has a whole slew of projects lined up for him, I kind of feel bad for the guy but he owes me if you know what I mean:) Our side fence that adjoins with our neighbors fell down a couple of months ago and Dave actually really likes to build things and work with his hands so he volunteered the labor if the neighbors would pay for materials. Every weekend, or the ones that haven't been raining, he has been out there working on the fence and it is almost done. It is great for the kids to get out there with him and watch and help, they really love it! His next project is our garage, which needs a lot of help, priming and painting baby's room, lots of repairs around the house, etc.- he has a list:) Oh, and the one he is least happy about is his date with the urologist for the ole' snip snip. Is that TMI? He might not be happy that I just put that out there, but I am super grateful that he is willing to have the Dr. mess with his goods in the name of my sanity. Love you Dave!!

6 comments:

mamapickle said...

You have been busy! Painting? I am not surprised though, and why is it that we do such big projects when pregnant? Try to rest a bit cause you know that is way out the window in a little while. Although, you probably have great babies that sleep. ANd I too am feeling sentimental about Phoebe getting baptized. I know I already have one baptized, but it feels the same this time around too. I would like to freeze time for just a bit.

Sheena said...

All your pics are absolutely wonderful! Did you take them yourself? I really like your family pic in the header. Also, your TMI made me laugh. Good luck with everything!

Breezy said...

I'm sorry you're not feeling well this pregnancy. If anyone can relate it's me. You still manage to look beautiful! I love the new pics. I can't believe you have a child old enough to be baptized. That will be such a special time for you guys. Does Dave teach seminary?

Jessica said...

your family pictures are soooo good!! Love them. I want to see what you have done to the girls' room--I am always up for some good ideas and for someone to teach me how to do them! ;) Sounds like you have been pretty busy and I'm sure it isn't going to end...don't forget to "breath." :)

laughingitupwiththepetersons@blogspot.com said...

I love all your new pics. I am sorry that you aren't feeling all that well. I wish that I could come to help you. Ethan is looking so much older to us. Wow! Paige is such a sasa frass isn't she??? Addy is her mother. So Beautiful. Wendy you look wonderful. Miss you guys!!!!

Cyndi and Alyssa said...

That butterfly was sooo cool! I love the snip snip :) I hope the pregnancy gets over for you soon!