Thursday, November 26, 2009

30th Birthday Suprise

This year was a big year for me, I really can't believe that I just turned 30 years old. I am no longer in my 20's, Ahhh! My super sweet husband did a great job of helping me enter my thirties with a bang! He joined forces with my mom, sister-in-law, and some of my good friends to plan a suprise party. I usually have the disadvantage of having my Birthday around Thanksgiving so usually most of my friends are out of town or have family in town and it usually ends up being a pretty low-key event so I expected no more than the usual dinner with my husband and dinner with my friends but WOW was I suprised!

The day started as a typical Saturday does, chores and more chores but a couple of my friends had invited me to go shopping with them later in the day before I was supposed to go out with Dave. After a few hours of sushi and shopping they dropped me off at my house, that is when it got a little fishy. Shaunna had to use the bathroom and apparently it was going to take a long time because everyone got out of the car and came in. Dave had everyone lined up along our stairs in the dark and when I opened the door I saw 31 of my favorite people yelling suprise!

Dave and a couple of helpers had prepared dinner for everyone complete with decorations. I was pretty impressed- he really thought about the details.

Just some of the coolest girls ever!







Dave got my favorite cheesecake from The Cheesecake Factory yummy Godiva Chocolate Cheesecake!


After dinner and dessert everyone decided to play a hazardous game of spoons. Others decided to stand back and stay out of danger!


How many people can play a game of spoons? It got pretty crazy!

Thanks to my wonderful husband and friends for giving me a 30th Birthday to remember, with them I will never feel old.

1 comment:

-Melissa- said...

That was a fun night. Glad we were there to help you celebrate. When i'm not pregnant I definitely will play spoons with you guys. :)