Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Wish me Luck

I am going to visit my dad today with the kids and no husband. I am so scared and nervous! Scared because It is never fun flying with 3 small children, especially a busy 10 month old that does not like to sit still. I was supposed to fly out tomorrow but because I get to fly standby there has been a change of plans. The flight that I was planning on taking filled up at the last minute so I will be taking a late flight tonight, which may be good-hopefully my kids will sleep! I am nervous because I will likely be meeting my dad's girlfriend who has not made a good first impression. She caused a lot of drama between my parents. They were great friends, but since she stepped in and got extremely jealous my parents no longer talk. I am not one to pretend very well, so I am hoping that I can put on a nice face and try to see what might be likeable about her. This whole boyfriend/girlfriend thing with my parents is strange. It will almost be 3 years that they have been divorced so it is still fresh and I am trying to adjust. For some reason it is harder for me to see my dad with someone else than it is with my mom. Anyway, I hope that it is a great trip and get good quality time with my dad. I should have great pictures to post next week!

4 comments:

mamapickle said...

I know how it is to fly with little kids. Hope it went well. At least they will be there if you need a distraction :) Have a great trip

Anonymous said...

Good luck! Hope you have a great trip and we will miss you Sat.

The Thomas Family said...

Wendy,
It was so fun to hear from you. I'm always asking Sarah about you. You have three now, wow!! I'm sure life is busy for you. I know it is for me. For some reason three has been the biggest transition yet.
I'm linking you to our blog. I hope you don't mind. It's great to hear from you. Good luck with your trip. You are daring to travel solo with three. I've yet to venture that one. Good luck. Jenn

The Balmer Family said...

You will do great, your such a great mom! It's nice to be able to see your cute family! Sarah