Ethan turned 4 years old on the May 14th. We had his party on Saturday and it was a Star Wars themed party- he has been obsessed lately. He has been so excited, I think everyday for the last month he has asked me when his party is going to be. He woke up unusually early at 6:30 on Saturday because he was just too excited(Ethan will sleep until 10:00 if I let him).
The invitation
I made lightsabers out of swimnoodles and black & chrome duck tape. The kids spent the first 30 minutes just fighting good guy vs. bad guy with their lightsabers.

Then we had a meteor shower with black balloons and candy inside(not pictured). Then onto the pinata, which by the way didn't hold up too well- I mean these are 4 year olds, they didn't hit it that hard!


This is the Yoda cake that I made. I am not sure how much it really looks like Yoda but I think I got the color and the ears right- at least they knew who it was.

Ethan really wanted to put the candles in Yoda's nose, he thought that was pretty funny.

He got some great gifts- star wars toys, teenage mutant ninja turtles, powerrangers, and a really cool light up helmet to go with his new bike. What a lucky kid! Happy Birthday Ethan, we sure love you a lot!
15 comments:
i think i'm going to have to hire you to make my kids cakes:) you're good!
what a fun party! happy birthday ethan!
happy birthday ethan! what a fun party! sounds like they had a blast. what a great mama - yoda cake and everything!
your yoda cake was AMAZING!!! Ashton had so much fun! And I LOVE the Darth Vader song playing!
ok seriously, have you thought of going into the cake business? Your really good. Looks like a really fun party too! Again, you are superWOMAN.
Awsome party Wendy!! As usual, your cake looks fenominal. I heard it even tasted good. You are so creative to make the lightsabers and meteor shower too. Way to go cool mom!!
Can you be any more awesome??? You are so creative and your cake was awesome....I am definately calling you to help with ideas for my next party! Looked like fun!
Happy Birthday Ethan! The yoda cake is way cute. Will you make my kids birthday cakes or teach a class?! :)
Cute cake- and great idea for the lightsabers. If I show Kaleb this I will be doing all that for his birthday too!
Great party! I was so impressed with the cake! The light sabers were a good idea, all Jacob wants to do now is have light saber fights with Kev on the trampoline.
Awesome music! I love a little Eminem every now and agin
Hey Wendy! Glad to see you visited my blog! This b-day party looks amazing. That cake is awesome! It's fun to catch up on what you guys have been up to!
Happy birthday, Ethan! I had forgotten that Ethan and Makenna share a birthday! Sounds like a fun birthday party! You did an amazing job on the cake!
That cake is awesome! I am super impressed! You are a great mom! :)
What a cake! I'm going to keep this in a file for when Greyson gets old enough, except since I've never seen star wars I'll probably have to watch that first.
So fun! My kids would have loved the Star Wars party! Miss you all, your kids are adorable. And you still love to bake I can see:) I always loved your Treats~ You should go into business.
Post a Comment