Sunday, November 9, 2008

Tigerthon

On Friday Addyson ran in the annual Tigerthon at her elementary school. Every year the students at the school run laps to raise money. Last year I didn't watch her run because I guess I didn't know that I could. This year Addyson asked me to come and watch her run so I was definitely there with Ethan and Paige in tow. As Ethan and I waited on the sides for her to make her 1st lap, I could tell that she was looking for us. When she saw us standing there, she was so happy and excited! I sadly had to leave after only 15 minutes of watching her because I had to go to a training in Dallas. I DID NOT want to go, I felt so terrible about leaving when I knew how happy she was to have us there supporting her. Although most of the work that I do does not interfere with my kids activities and time with them, this was one of those moments when I wish that I could just be strictly a stay at home mom. She did a great job and ran 8 laps! I am so proud of her, I think that is 2 miles? She was up really late the night before at a soccer party so when I got home later that night she was sooo tired!
These pictures were taken courtesy of my friend Holly, I forgot my camera in my car. Thanks Holly!!




Go Addyson!!!


3 comments:

Heather said...

Addyson is adorable, I can't believe how big our kids are getting, it's crazy isn't it??

I totally know what you mean about having to work, it sucks :P

hoLLy said...

You're welcome! I loved that first picture with her smiling-shes so cute! The kids all did a great job. Most of the girls got 8 laps I think. Coach Oliver said 5 laps was equal to one mile(as opposed to the normal 4 laps, these laps were shorter than a tracks laps, I guess), so that makes it almost 2 miles! Okay, so 1 and 3/5 miles:)

Sorry you had to leave early, but she knows you came and thats whats important! You are an awesome mama and you do whatcha gotta do, right?

-Melissa- said...

way to go Addyson! that is awesome she ran 8 laps.