I love this time of year, one holiday after another, and more and more memories created with our kids. The First celebration..... Halloween! Our Halloween festivities always include pumpking carving. This was Paige's first year of really getting in on the action and she liked it!
Of all my kids, Ethan is the one who doesn't really like to get his hands dirty. He thought pulling out the pumpkin guts was pretty gross. Isn't is supposed to be the other way around, with the girls thinking it is gross??
Ethan picked the angry face for his pumpkin. I actually wanted to try pumpkin carving this year(Dave usually does it) and this is how mine turned out. Not bad for a beginner.
Addyson picked the witch face, I let Dave carve that one since it was a little more difficult. We all think that he did a great job.
In my attempt to fill the kids belly's with some healthy food before the sugar fest began I made this spread. My efforts were wasted though, because they hardly ate a thing! Oh well, at least I tried! I will probably save myself the trouble next year!If you can't tell Addyson was a witch. However I don't think that she wore her hat all night long!
After the trunk-or-treat we went back home and did some trick-or-treating in our neighborhood. We have the best street for trick-or-treating right next to us. One lady was handing out full size candy bars and she gave each of my kids 2, including Paige. Another lady was handing out $1 store gifts. All they have to do is go down that street and their bags are pretty full, and with good stuff. Ethan was happy with what he got and wanted to go home, but Addyson was not ready to stop. Dave took Ethan and Paige home and Addy and I kept going. This is the first year that she has been so into it, I loved it. I remember the days when I used to go trick-or-treating for hours, to get as much candy as I could. We walked for quite a while, until her bag was filled to the top. The problem now is what the heck do I do with all that candy? She isn't eating all of that!! I may have to hide some away for Christmas. It was another great Halloween, it is so great remembering the holidays when you were a kids and now getting to see the joy that it creates in your own children! So fun!
After the trunk-or-treat we went back home and did some trick-or-treating in our neighborhood. We have the best street for trick-or-treating right next to us. One lady was handing out full size candy bars and she gave each of my kids 2, including Paige. Another lady was handing out $1 store gifts. All they have to do is go down that street and their bags are pretty full, and with good stuff. Ethan was happy with what he got and wanted to go home, but Addyson was not ready to stop. Dave took Ethan and Paige home and Addy and I kept going. This is the first year that she has been so into it, I loved it. I remember the days when I used to go trick-or-treating for hours, to get as much candy as I could. We walked for quite a while, until her bag was filled to the top. The problem now is what the heck do I do with all that candy? She isn't eating all of that!! I may have to hide some away for Christmas. It was another great Halloween, it is so great remembering the holidays when you were a kids and now getting to see the joy that it creates in your own children! So fun!

5 comments:
wow! you went all our with your halloween dinner-what a great mom! and people kept saying, "what a cute little guy!" to cali. i was like, what the heck? she is a witch with a purple and black dress!
Love Addyson's costume! Your kids all looked great. You are smart to do the carving on the floor. I should try that next year.
Fun! I like your Halloween food, isn't it lame when the kids won't eat it? I have that problem too. Well, we can all appreciate it :)
I love Addyson's costume! Glad you guys had a fun Halloween.
I love the elephant- I am all about reusing costumes!!
Post a Comment