Thursday, March 12, 2009

My little entreprenuers

Addyson has been wanting to try and "sell some stuff", as she would put it, for a while. She usually wants to try and sell toys or whatever stuff she can find lying around to make some extra money. Since our crappy HOA won't allow us to have garage sales we can't really "sell some stuff". Then she came up with the idea of selling food, except she wanted to try and sell food from our pantry like canned goods, bananas etc. I suggested she try and bake something to sell and so she had a plan. She baked cookies, with a little help from Ethan (and I cleaned up, of course), made this awesome sign, and set up her post. She had originally wanted to charge $1 for each cookie and I told her that might be a little steep so she decided .10 cents would be better They were very cute sitting out of the curb using their superb selling tactics on everyone who walked or drove by. Their first sell was a car that bought 5 cookies, they were so excited! We don't really live on a busy street so business was not booming but they did manage to make themselves $1.55 in about 45 minutes, not too shabby!


Aren't they cute?!
Paige managed to swipe a few for herself when they weren't looking.

4 comments:

laughingitupwiththepetersons@blogspot.com said...

That is so funny, Tanner and Renee have wanted to sell old toys to make money for Disneyland and other things. I told Tanner that when it warms up we could do Lemonade and mom's famous cookies! I think it is so great that the kids want to do that.

hoLLy said...

i wish i had driven by. i would've bought several!

Kate said...

They are so cute. My kids tried the lemonade stand thing. They just loved it. I love your blog and I will definitely be back.

Sheena said...

I love it! They are so cute. That picture of Paige made me laugh. It totally reminded me of something Kait would do.