Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Our summer

What have we been up to all summer? Pretty much a whole lotta this!
I have been a slacker about blogging this summer, actually I haven't really taken any pictures so I figured I should get on the ball and try to document a little of the Lee summer of '09. It has been a HOT HOT summer. I read that the month of June 15th to July 14 has been the hottest 30 days on record since 1989, then as you get closer to August it is always really hot! Of course it would be the summer that I am pregnant. What else do you do when the weather is so hot, swimming swimming and more swimming.
Luckily my kids love to swim and they really never get sick of it.

I also love that they got their moms skin and can bake in the sun for hours without burning. They have some pretty great tans, even Paige with her white hair- I love it!

I just continue to get bigger and bigger, but at least I have an excuse right?!


We did have a week last week where it rained a lot so swimming was out. It was tough week to get creative and find things to keep the kids entertained. The temperatures were a little cooler so I decided to take the kids to one of their favorite parks.
Addyson has been so great with Paige this summer. She has been super helpful and I can tell she just loves being able to play with Paige and do what big sisters do.

Enjoying our lunch outside.




We also went to visit my sister-in-law and nephew in Arlington last week and we took the kids to this great new place by her called Doogoland. My kids love places like this with the grocery store, Dr.'s office, play house etc. Addyson has been asking me to take her somewhere like this for a while so it worked out perfectly they loved it!
Addy made a new friend.

Ethan rolling around on his scooter.

Paige doing some shopping.



It has been a good summer. I have been soooo tired but we have been having a lot of fun together and with friends. With that being said, I am starting to count down the days until school starts and we can get back on a schedule and I can have more time to get things done without worrying about how to entertain my kids 24/7. And Paige has been quite sleep deprived because her nap schedule is pretty much non existant- I want nap time back!

1 comment:

Kelly S. said...

That last picture of Paige passed out KILLS me! Your one cute pregnant mommy! I wish I had looked that good in a maternity bathing suit.