Sunday, August 30, 2009

Tatum's homecoming

Tatum has been home now for 11 days and we are loving every minute of it, even if it is at 2:00 in the morning. We thought that we had to wait until the 20th to bring her home but the nurses suprised me on the 19th(Dave & I's anniversary) when they told me that her antibiotics would be done that evening. I had to really convince the Dr. to let me take her home that night, he wanted me to wait until the following day to discharge her, but in the end he was happy to let me have my way. It worked out perfectly because Dave and I had already asked my mom to babysit the kids so we could go out for our anniversary, so after our date we went to the hospital and brought her home. She has been a really good baby thus far. I forget how much they sleep and how often they fill their diapers at this age- the diapers are piling up!
I am already starting to feel a little sad that this is the last time I will be experiencing this newborn stage! I don't doubt our decision to be done having kids, I am sure everyone experiences the same emotions with their last child regardless of how many kids they have. I am just trying to enjoy every minute because I know how quickly they change and grow. So what if the housework doesn't get done right?!
The kids have been so sweet with her. Ethan comes straight home from school, washes his hands, and asks to hold her, then Addy, then Paige of course. Addyson really likes playing the mom role. I kept having to get after her for the way she was holding Tatum because I wasn't confident she would have quick enough reflexes to catch her if she lost control of her head and Addy broke down crying and said, "I just really want to be a parent!" that made me laugh. Needless to say we have had to set some boundaries. She is one loved little baby.

And pretty dang cute too!

2 comments:

Kelly S. said...

She's absolutley ADORABLE!!! I can't wait to hold her!

Sheena said...

Hooray! Hooray! I'm so happy for you guys to have your baby home and well! She's such a little doll!