Thursday, July 3, 2008

The best day ever!



So, for those of you that have kids you may be familiar with an episode of Spongebob Squarepants called "The Best Day Ever" where SpongeBob thinks that he is going to have the best day ever and his day starts out by going to the Krusty Krab. The Krusty Krab is closed, so he goes to Sandy's house. Sandy's dome is leaking, so she can't do karate with SpongeBob. He goes to Jellyfish Fields with Patrick, but Patrick breaks his net and has to borrow SpongeBob's. SpongeBob ends the day by going to Squidward's clarinet recital. SpongeBob forgets his ticket and finally gets in at the end of the show. Squidward and the others notice SpongeBob is sad and they put on another show for him. You can watch the video HERE

My kids have seen this episode probably one too many times and in the show SpongeBob sings a little tune to The best day ever! When my kids have a really fun day they will sing this little song. When they are having a bad day or if something bad happens they will sing the words "The Worst day ever."

I found myself singing the little tune of the worst day ever just about an hour ago.

As many of you know I have been working a ton this last month. I have been saving up for some away time with Dave and getting very little sleep and quite stressed out. Tomorrow I am leaving for a 10 vacation to Canada where we will be hidden up in a cabin on a lake in the mountains- I will not mention there will be about 50 other people in that cabin, I am trying not to think about that part. Anyway, I have been so excited because a vacation is what I NEED! So, it is my last night at the hospital before we fly out and it is(excuse my language)Hell! The minute that I walk through the hospital doors, many of the lights go out. The ER is packed and most of the computers don't work, along with the fax/copier. Our ER is paperless, meaning everything is done on computers- all charting, labs, radiology etc. We have had Medhost go down many times before and there is backup for such a case but not the whole computer!Not only is most of our electricity out, but we have like 5 admits at one time, a full waiting room and our assigned medicine Dr. for the night isn't admitting and we don't have anyone to admit these patients. Anyway, I won't go into how fun that 2 1/2 hours was until they got the electricity up and working, but I wanted to walk right out those doors, drive home, and crawl into bed! I just kept hearing that tune in my head "This is the Worst Day Everrrrr."

I am so excited for tomorrow when I will hopefully be singing "This is the Best Day Ever" on my way to Canada for some good ol' family time!

BTW- if you see on the news tomorrow about an intoxicated man in a hospital robe who was hit by a car running in the streets, I am so not responsible!


Have a Happy 4th of July and I hope that all of you will be singing "This is the Best Day Ever."

I hope that it is full of awesomenimity!

Oh, and be careful with the fireworks guys, don't be like this kid that just walked in with a roman candle in his eye!

7 comments:

Jennifer said...

I'm up way too late, but read your post anyway. I'm so sorry about your horrible night. I used to have pretty bad ones when working at Wamu, but I don't think they compared to yours. I'm sorry! Have fun on your trip to Canada and tell your hubby "Happy Canada Day & Independence Day!"

Erin said...

I hope you have the best 10 days ever I know that you need it right now. I hope that you get out on the flight you want today. Have fun and relax!

-Melissa- said...

Sorry to hear about your horrible night in the ER. Have a fun time in Canada. Can't wait to hear about it.

mamapickle said...

That is one of our favorite SpongeBob episodes. i hope you have a best vacation ever!

Elizabeth said...

I am seeking a bit of blog help from you. :) How did you get "Lee Family Adventures to go across the whole top of your page? Do you know how to get rid of the dots that show up on my blog from the blogger template I used to have? You seems to always be changing your blog and making it cute so I thought you might be able to give me some tips.
THanks!

The Peterson Family said...

You so deserve a break and I hope your vacation was awesome!!! You are a crazy working woman!!! I admire you so much! Cant wait to hear about Canada!

The Balmer Family said...

Have a blast in Canada- you deserve it. Tell your hubby we said hello and please give your kids BIG hugs from me, I wish I knew them better and to think, your younger ones I havn't even met! If you ever head this way I would LOVE to see you!