Monday, October 6, 2008

Our Caribbean cruise

Well, I have finally gotten the chance to blog about our awesome Caribbean cruise with the cutest friends ever Justin and Nissa-Lynn. We had the best time, seriously the best! We were pretty worried that we may not be able to go because of Hurricane Ike but Carnival made it happen and we are so glad.

Our first dinner in the Windstar dining room. One of my favorite things on a cruise is the dining. Each evening we were greeted by Joel our superb and hillarious waiter from Hondurus. He pulled out our chairs, put a napkin in our lap and handed us our menu. We could choose an appetizer, entree and dessert. If we wanted more than one appetizer or dessert he would say"why not?" The service was impecable, not something we get to enjoy very often- and we got to do it 5 nights in a row, not to mention breakfast and lunch. The best part was after each meal we could just get up and leave, not worries about how much it would cost or how much to leave for a tip- just eat and go.
The weather was amazing on the sea, a bit windy at times but beautiful.

Dave loved the 24 hour pizza and ice cream!


Us on formal night all dressed up.



We pretty much spent every night doing Karaoke, so fun! Dave got his first shot at Karaoke when a girl named Kim left before her turn and Dave volunteered to sing for her, not knowing what he would be singing. Joey, the Karaoke DJ called him Kim for the rest of the trip. It is the best when you can go from dinner to a comedy show to karoake to the dance club all in one night- PAR-TAY!

Our first port of call was Cozumel, Mexico. We went snorkeling in the turquiose water with the fishes. I have never done snorkeling like that before, we were surrounded by tons of fish. I can't wait to do that again, I could have done it all day!

We enjoyed some putt putt golf on the boat while we waited to reach our port in Progresso. Do you see that huge group on Koreans? Dave whacked his ball right into the middle of that group, nice Dave, nice! It was pretty funny, he didn't hurt anybody BTW.

In Progresso we took a taxi to the Mayan ruins, Chichen Itza. The taxi drive was quite the adventure, they are crazy drivers in Mexico. I was a little scared for my life, but we made it there in record time. The ruins were interesting, although it felt like the temperature was 200 degrees. I was disappointed that we couldn't climb the stairs behind us, that would have been amazing. The best part was when a huge storm hit us in the middle of the jungle/rainforest. It was an adventure to say the least.
I booked this cruise and worked my tail off for it because Dave and I really needed some time together to reconnect because of all of the stress in our life. Mission accomplished! I had so much fun with him, I remembered all of the reasons that I fell in love with him in the first place. I love you Dave! Justin and Nissa, thanks so much for coming with- the trip wouldn't have been the same without you.

12 comments:

hoLLy said...

that looks like it was SO MUCH FUN! a cruise is definitely on my "bucket list"

angie j. said...

Hi there! I was in Dave's ward growing up. Just wanted to say hi and what a cute blog you have....just so you don't think some crazy person from NC is blog stalking you. You and Dave have such a cute family.

Take care!

Angie

Tom and Audrie said...

I'm very very jealous! Glad you had so much fun!!!

-Melissa- said...

Looks like you guys had a great time! I would love to go on a cruise sometime. Glad you guys had fun.

mamapickle said...

You soooooo deserved this trip! It looks awesome and glad you had a great get away.

Breezy said...

Looks like you both had so much fun. Ben and I are big on getting away to reconnect. You get the fun of looking forward to it and then the memories to get you through until the next getaway. Did you get seasick?

Sheena said...

How awesome! I hope I can talk Roy into something like that someday.

Anonymous said...

Looks like you guys had an awesome time!!

Cyndi and Alyssa said...

I can't wait to go in 3 more weeks!!! I have been waiting to see your pictures! You guys look like you had so much fun! You both look so happy in all the pictures! I am so glad you got to go on a kid free vacation & reconnect!!!

Elizabeth said...

So fun! Tell Dave those people shouldn't be standing at the end of a putting thing. That would have been funny. Great pictures!

Jennifer said...

I'm jealous! I'm glad you guys had fun. You definitely needed a break and to spend some time alone w/o kids!

Kelly S. said...

I am officially jealous! It looks like you had TONS of fun! I am so glad to add you as a new Blogger friend! Come check out the Surratt Blog when you get a chance!

mommysurratt.blogspot.com