Monday, November 17, 2008

This past weekend we braved the cold weather and set out on a camping trip with some friends. We went to one of our usual spots at Lake Ray Roberts. I thought that since we were not camping during the summer and would not need eletricity for fans, that we could camp in one of the more primitive sites. Little did I know that primitive meant you had to hike into your spot- what the *@! Luckily, they had one site left in an area that didn't require hiking so we changed our reservation and camped there. The site was awesome, it was nestled back in the trees and had tons and tons of room for the kids to play. The best part is that it fit all 4 tents and there was still room for more. I think it has been decided that there will be no more summer camping trips, it is just way too hot! Even though it was cold, it was so nice to sit by the fire and sip hot cocoa all night. Suprisingly, we slept pretty well all snuggled into tons of blankets- I think it was like 40 degrees. The kids had a great time-they love camping, and I think all of the adults had a pretty great time as well.
The kids love playing in the tent!
Cyndi and Aprille cleaning up after breakfast

This is how we kept the kids under control:)



1 comment:

-Melissa- said...

Looks like you guys had a fun time. Also, sounds like this time of the year is perfect to go camping in Texas.