When Tatum was originally put into the special care nursery the neonatologist said that she would probably have to be there for 7 days of antibiotics so in my mind she was going to be coming today. I even verified it with one of the neonatologists and she told me I could bring her home Monday evening. The kids were excited, of course I was excited that the wait was finally over. Then, on Sunday the main neonatologist called me and broke the news that she actually had to stay 10 days because of the strain of bacteria that she tested positive for. My heart sank and I just cried and cried and cried! Of course I want her to get better and I want to make sure that the antibiotics kill every last bit of it but I was so disappointed! So, I decided to have a little fun when I went up to the hospital Monday evening. I brought a bunch of clothes and blankets and bows and my mom and I played a little dress up, she didn't like it too much but it made me feel better.
No more generic white onesies, she is wearing pink every day now!
This is the outfit I was going to bring her home in but since I will likely be bringing her home around 9pm I will probably just put her in some PJ's.The last couple of days I have felt comforted like I can definitely do this for 3 more days, I am grateful for that! I have really struggled with the fact that I feel as though I haven't been able to bond with Tatum like I have my other children when they were first born, it has made me really sad. The nurses have been great in the evenings giving me a private room to nurse and spend time with her which has been such a blessing because it allows me to bond with her a lot more.
I hope the next 3 days fly by!

6 comments:
I'm so sorry. Our last little guy was in the NICU for 2 weeks. I hated it!!
It really is no fun to go home without a baby. I'm sorry.
She's beautiful! Love her going home dress!!
She is adorable!!! Good luck with the next few days flying by!
Come by and see us while you're there Wed!
She is so so cute! I hope the time goes by fast so you can take her home.
I just saw on facebook that you are bringing her home tonight! Good luck! I am so excited for you and feel to say congratulations for making through leaving her at the hospital for so long. We had to leave A for one night and I didn't think I could handle it. She is beautiful.
In the first pic she looks sooo much like Ethan! and she is just so adorable! I hope all goes wonderfully today and you finally get to snuggle that sweet angel in your home :)
Post a Comment