Monday, August 10, 2009

Meet baby Tatum Audrey Lee!

So some of you may know that I was pretty anxious to have this baby ASAP! I was having a lot of back and hip pain, I was exhausted, and super emotional. I was really hoping to have her over the weekend and lucky me, it did happen. It was funny because my good friend Aprille had her baby 4 weeks early on Friday after her water broke in the middle of the night. I went to visit her in the hospital on Saturday and we were talking about how uncommon it is for a women's water to break, only 15%! Then, around 4:30 a.m. I felt a pop and what do you know my water broke too! We called my mom and headed to the hospital. The problem was that I wasn't in active labor and once your water breaks you only have about 16-24 hours to deliver, I don't like C-sections- done that don't want to do it again. Because I have had a C-section before, I cannot be induced so after sitting in the hospital for hours with no progress I was stressing. Fortunately, after trying some "untraditional" methods it started to move a long slowly. I got my epidural and waited some more, a lot more comfortably though- LOVE epidurals! After about 12 hours the Dr. decided that she wanted to try to move things a long a little quicker and gave me a very small amount of pitocin. It did the trick, I went from a 5 to complete in 45 minutes and she came out in 2 pushes! Did I mention I love epidurals?! She was born at
4:24 p.m. on Sunday, August 9th.

Tatum Audrey Lee all covered in goo.
She weighed 6lbs. 12oz. and 19 3/4 inces long.

She has a head full of dark thick hair, very different from her sister Paige.

The kids couldn't wait to meet their new little sister. My mom was asleep on our couch when Ethan woke up in the morning and saw her, he got very excited and ran up to tell Addy and Paige that Grandma was downstairs and mom and dad were gone- he knew what that meant! When they came to the hospital they couldn't hold her enough and Ethan couldn't stop kissing her. I might have a little bit too much help when I get home.

Later that night we noticed she wasn't acting right, she was extremely cold, grunting and crying a lot, and she refused to eat- I was worried. They decided to put her in the special care unit of the nursery and take blood, do a chest x-ray, put her under heated lamps, and give her some oxygen. Unfortunately what it looks like is an infection in her lungs. She is having trouble breathing and her lab work showed an infection so she will likely have to stay in the hospital for a week while they give her a full course of antibiotics. They are feeding her through a feeding tube, she is getting IV antibiotics and is hooked up to all kinds of probes- SAD!! It will be strange going home with no baby, the kids will be disappointed but we hope she just gets better! We are very blessed!

10 comments:

The Thomas Family said...

Congrats! She's beautiful!

Poor little girl and poor Mommy. I hope she gets feeling better quickly.

Carla said...

I can't believe you won! I looked for you on Sunday and when I didn't see you I knew exactly where you were! I saw Addy after church and she confirmed what I already knew. Congrats and best wishes. I'm sorry to hear about the infection. I hope she has a quick recovery--you too!
Carla

hoLLy said...

congrats on your beautiful little girl! love the full head of hair!so sorry to hear she is having a hard time and will have to stay in the hospital. aubrey had to stay several days due to an infection too. it was a rough week but it went by fast and she was fine in the end. we'll keep little tatum in our prayers.

4sweetboys1princess said...

She is BEAUTIFUL!! Congrats! I had to go home without Brady too, he was having breathing issues. It was hard, but I went back to visit him several times a day. Enjoy the good night sleep you will get until she comes home, that is the one positive I found about the situation.

Elizabeth said...

Congrats Wendy she is beautiful! I hope she gets well soon so you can take her home.

Sheena said...

Oh, she is a doll. I hope everything goes well with her recovery so she can get home for all that lovin' from her siblings!

Kelly S. said...

That is one CUTE little girl! I can't believe how much hair she has! You could practically BRAID it! I hope she get better soon. We'll say a few prayers for her. :) Congrats Momma!! You look pretty good yourself!

Kelly S. said...

Oh.. and I see you won the "Great Battle of the Middle Name"....

Tom and Audrie said...

Congrats!!! Hope she gets better soon!

mamapickle said...

i just need to add that you look absolutely beautiful in the picture right after having a baby!